I am a PhD student in Computer Science at ONERA and IRISA, supervised by Sébastien Lefèvre and Bertrand Le Saux. My research focuses on deep neural networks (deep learning) for remote sensing image analysis and Earth Observation. Specifically, I am currently working on convolutional neural networks for semantic labeling of airborne optical images (infrared, RGB and hyperspectral).
I am interested in machine learning, algorithms and Python.
March 2017: My colleague Alexandre Boulch will present the SnapNet architecture for semantic segmentation of unstructured point clouds at Eurographics 3DOR workshop. It is the current state-of-the-art on the Semantic3D dataset.
March 2017: Our paper on data fusion for remote sensing using deep nets won the 2nd best student paper award at JURSE 2017 ! Slides and poster are available.
Februrary 2017: The code of the deep network we used for the ISPRS Vaihingen 2D Semantic Labeling Challenge is out on Github !
January 2017: We will present two invited papers at JURSE 2017 !
November 2016: I will be at ACCV'16 in Taipei to present our poster on semantic segmentation of Earth Observation using multi-scale and multimodal deep networks.
October 2016: I will be at PyCon-fr (the French Python conference) to speak about deep learning using Python (slides (in French) and video (in French, too)).
September 2016: Our paper on the use of deep networks for object-based image analysis of vehicles in the ISPRS dataset has been distinguished by the "Best Benchmarking Contribution Award" at GEOBIA 2016 !
September 2016: I will be at GEOBIA 2016 in Enschede to talk about our work on object-based analysis of cars in remote sensing images using deep learning.
September 2016: Our paper on semantic segmentation for Earth Observation was accepted at ACCV'16 for a poster presentation. Check out the state-of-the-art results on the ISPRS Vaihingen 2D Semantic Labeling Challenge !
July 2016: I will be at IGARSS'16 in Beijing to present our work on superpixel-based semantic segmentation of aerial images.
April 2016: Our paper on region-based classification of remote sensing images using deep features has been accepted at IGARSS'16 for an oral presentation.
October 2015: I started as a PhD student at ONERA and IRISA.
PublicationsMost of my papers should be in open access on HAL or on arXiv.
- "Fusion of Heterogeneous Data in Convolutional Networks for Urban Semantic Labeling", Nicolas Audebert, Bertrand Le Saux, Sébastien Lefèvre, JURSE, Dubai, 2017 (slides, poster).
- "Semantic Segmentation of Earth Observation Data Using Multimodal and Multi-scale Deep Networks", Nicolas Audebert, Bertrand Le Saux, Sébastien Lefèvre, ACCV, Taipei, 2016 (poster).
- "On the usability of deep networks for object-based image analysis", Nicolas Audebert, Bertrand Le Saux, Sébastien Lefèvre, GEOBIA, Enschede, 2016 (slides).
- "How useful is region-based classification of remote sensing images in a deep learning framework ?", Nicolas Audebert, Bertrand Le Saux, Sébastien Lefèvre, IGARSS, Beijing, 2016 (slides).
- "Structural classifiers for contextual semantic labeling of aerial images". Hicham Randrianarivo, Bertrand Le Saux, Nicolas Audebert, Michel Crucianu, Marin Ferecatu, Big Data from Space (BiDS), Tenerife, 2016.
- "Deep Learning for Remote Sensing". Nicolas Audebert, Alexandre Boulch, Adrien Lagrange, Bertrand Le Saux, Sébastien Lefèvre, 16th ONERA-DLR Aerospace Symposium (ODAS), Oberpfaffenhofen, 2016.
- "Deep learning for aerial cartography" (poster). Nicolas Audebert, Bertrand Le Saux, Sébastien Lefèvre, Statlearn Workshop, Vannes, 2016.
- MS SIO @ CentraleSupélec : Deep Learning for Multimodal Remote Sensing and Object Detection (10/03/2017)
- PhD Students Day @ ONERA : Classification of Big Remote Sensing Data (30/01/2017)
- Seminar on GPU computing @ ONERA : GPU computing for deep learning (12/01/2017)
- PhD Students Day @ IRISA : Classification of Big Remote Sensing Data (08/12/2016)
- MATHIAS Conference @ TOTAL : Object-based classification of vehicles in aerial images using deep neural networks (28/10/2016)
- PyCon-FR : Deep learning with Python (15/10/2016)
- ODAS Conference @ ONERA & DLR : Deep learning for remote sensing (22/06/2016)
- Scientific workshop on image processing @ TOTAL : Deep learning for remote sensing (15/06/2016)
- STATLEARN conference @ Vannes : Deep learning for aerial cartography (poster) (07/04/2016)
ENPC : First year main course of C++ programming
ENPC : First year algorithmic and data structures
|2015 - today||PhD student -
"Classification of big remote sensing data"
Deep learning for image processing and Earth Observation
|ONERA, The French Aerospace Lab
Institute for Research in Computer Science and Random Systems (IRISA)
|2014 - 2015||Master Human-Computer Interaction||Université Paris-Sud|
|2012 - 2015||Engineering student - Computer Science||Supélec|
|2012 - 2013||Bachelor Mathematics||Université Paris-Sud|
|April 2015 - September 2015||Research internship||TUM - Computer Vision Lab||Deep learning for facial expression recognition|
|June 2014 - September 2014||Software Engineer (intern)||Withings||Web development of an incentive platform for quantified self (PHP/Backbone.js)|
|2012 - 2015||Member||Supélec Rézo||Sysadmin and software development for the organization providing Internet access to 700 students|
Skills :Programming :
- Advanced : Python (numpy, scipy, Caffe)
- Beginner : C, Java, OCaml
- Git, GIMP, Libre Office, LaTeX, GNU/Linux
- French (maternal)
- English (full proficiency)
- Japanese (beginner)
- German (beginner)
I graduated in 2015 from Supélec, one of France's top engineering school, with a focus on Computer Science. I also graduated from the université Paris-Sud with a MSc in Human-Computer Science. While I was an engineering student, I was head of the Supélec Rézo organization that provides Internet access to all Supélec' students.
Before this, I studied applied and fundamental mathematics at Université Paris-Sud and spent three years in preparation classes for the competitive entrance to engineering schools at lycée Janson-de-Sailly (Paris), with a heavy focus on maths and physics.
During the summer 2014, I interned in Withings' Platform team (web development/data analysis) where I designed and implemented an automated incentive system to help people take care of their health (PHP/Backbone.js).
I did my final intership in the Computer Vision lab at TUM under Pr. Daniel Cremers supervision. I worked on deep learning for facial expression recognition.
Since October 2015, I am a PhD student at ONERA.